Thursday, March 29, 2012

How We Met

My friend, Courtney Cotter, and I decided one night that we were going to go to this luau stake YSA party thing at someone's house in Gilbert. She had heard about it from another one of our friends. I remember not really caring about it and kind of didn't feel like going, but since she wanted to go, I went along with her. We ended up staying until the end when there was only a few people left, and that's when Courtney and I saw Thomas and Brian Nielson. Courtney had heard about Thomas in high school and kind of knew him, so she started talking to him. I started talking to Thomas' friend Brian. Courtney and I left the party super happy that we had just talked to 2 really attractive guys. We wanted to be brave and bold and ask them on dates, so a few days after that or so I think, we got their numbers somehow and called them and asked them on dates. Courtney went with Thomas, and I went with Brian.
We planned a super fun date! We were really excited. We went goofy golfing at Golfland and then went to Courtney's house and made pizzas and watched the movie Matilda. I had a great time with Brian and I remember thinking he was really cute and fun.
I remember totally trying to pursue Brian. I texted him quite a bit and we hung out quite a few times. Thomas liked Courtney after the double date. Him and I a few times got together and would just talk about how neither of them liked us. I remember one night we talked on his roof for a while about our situations. That night was when I realized that I might like Thomas. The more I thought about it, the more I knew it was true. I had so much fun being around him. We loved talking and could easily talk about anything for hours.
There was a week when we watched all the Harry Potter movies. Yeah.. we're kind of obsessed. I knew that Thomas didn't know yet that I liked him, because I hadn't shown any signs yet, so I remember that during one of the movies I put my legs on his lap. That was my type of flirting I guess haha. Anyways, during the 7th movie (part 1), we held hands. Awwww! Haha so cute, I know. Stephen was there to witness it! Haha I feel bad... probably so awkward. Especially because after the movie ended, the room was dark and we were just quietly laying there, and all of a sudden our faces were close to each other and we kissed! Yeah... with Stephen in the room... He had no clue this was happening haha. Welp, the rest is history! Oh and this happened on Memorial Day, so May 31.

No comments:

Post a Comment