Wednesday, June 4, 2014

Texas

Jayne had her first airplane ride! Jayne, my mom and I went to Texas to see my sis, her husband and their little girl Payton. We had a lot of fun! I was SUPER nervous to go. Like, it took a lot of thinking and debating before I decided to go. What if she slept horrible there?? What if the plane ride was horrible? Etc..... But I realized I would regret NOT going more than I would regret going if things went bad. Also my mom wanted us to come... so she paid for my ticket. That definitely helped to convince me to go! (Thanks again momma! You da best!)
I did lots of preparing beforehand. I knew she would be sleeping in a pack-n-play, so I started having her sleep in ours a week before we left so she would get used to it. I have certain blankets she uses so I made sure to take hers and the sound machine. I wanted to make it as much like home as possible! We have such a routine with Jayne that she is so used to. She goes down for naps and bed super easy because of the routine we have. I also downloaded Baby Einstein movies from YouTube onto my mom's tablet so we could have that on the plane. I made sure to bring those food pouch things on the plane as well. Those are super convenient and awesome. Thank you person who invented those! 

Jayne was so excited to go! I was packing our things and she kept crawling up on the suitcase haha. 

 And we're off! She did SO GOOD on the plane! Like seriously... I can't believe it. I was so worried! She isn't a cuddly, loves to be on your lap baby. She never has been. But she loved looking at the magazines and flight info things in the pocket of the chair, eating snacks, watching Baby Einstein.... 

 And hitting together these graham cracker snacks! Haha my mom and I were laughing so hard! These were the snacks they give you on the plane... And Jayne just started hitting them together and squeeling like crazy! For a long time. It was hilarious!! She was so loud! At least they were happy noises! It was a 2.5 hour flight and she never even really fussed at all. Score! 

 She was out almost immediately after getting in the car! 
 Welcome to Houston! My sister lives like an hour outside of the city. 

 Cousins together at last! 
 Jayne LOVES this car! 
 These girls were so much fun! We loved to just sit and watch them play! 

 I loved that they could look at each other when we were driving. They had screaming contests haha. Payton would scream, Jayne would scream, and then they would laugh. It was hilarious!!! 
 Nick was stuck in the back when we went somewhere with all of us because there wasn't enough room haha 
 Texas is so pretty and green!! And humid.... 



 Jayne sleeps with her eyes open a little bit apparently... 
 She is such a hoot. She sure loves attention! 










 We went to a splash pad! It was so fun watching Payton run around! At first she was kind of not touching the water as much but then she got brave and starting getting all the way in it! 


 Jayne didn't want to be in the water at first but then she started liking it a little more and wanted to splash in it! 





 My little Snow White! :) 

 Stuck! haha 


 It rained a little bit when we were there 
 Jayne loves riding on the carousel! 



 We got matching sunglasses and dresses for the girls! Jayne doesn't keep hers on though haha. 

 Seriously Pay is the cutest!! Such a sassy girl! I miss her! 



 They got lots of attention at the store :) 



 Cutest thing ever.... 
 Hahaha Pay is so silly! 



 I love her new shoes!! 


 We fried oreos, Twinkies, chicken, zucchini, and pickles!! Mmmmm :) 
 The fried oreos were to die for!! 

 I love her long eyelashes 
 Before our flight back I was walking around with her a little bit. She was just happily screaming and smiling at everyone walking by haha. 
 Somebody was excited to see Daddy when we got back!!!! 5 nights was hard to be away from him!! 


Overall it was a great trip! Jayne slept through the night every night and was happy as can be while we were there. Seriously she needs a sibling... She loved being with Pay! We ate out lots and just had fun being at their house watching the girls play. I'm excited for when they come the end of next month for Mason's wedding! Yay! :)  

No comments:

Post a Comment