Saturday, February 28, 2015

20 Weeks

Tomorrow I am 20 weeks pregnant! Halfway done already?? Insane. Oh and it is a BOY! We are so excited to welcome a sweet baby boy into the family :) I have been feeling pretty great! Second trimester is always nice... I was more sick at the beginning than with Jayne. I can't complain though. It was never too bad, and I only threw up twice. But I am glad to be over the nauseous feeling. Also good news is that I don't have gestational diabetes, at least so far! They tested for me earlier than normal with this one because I had it with Jayne. I will be tested for it again around 26 weeks or so. Hopefully I pass again then too! If not, then oh well. Whatever I need to do to have a healthy baby!


 This picture is from yesterday :) I love his cute little face! 
 These were from the last ultrasound when we found out he was a boy! 

 I had to go buy a little boys outfit of course! 
 I told Jayne she was going to have a little brother and that was an outfit for him, and she said "aww!" and hugged it by her face haha. 
 My friend Jannae is so nice! She gave me this crocheted blanket that she made! 
Welp here is what the belly looks like. 
 
How far along: 20 weeks (tomorrow)
Size of Baby: About 6.5 in.

Maternity Clothes: Not really wearing any yet.... Except I can't wear normal jeans. I feel like he is so much lower than Jayne was. I haven't been able to wear normal jeans in a while. I can only wear jeggings that are stretchy and don't have a button. Even those are uncomfortable sometimes. 
Weight gain: I don't keep track haha. 
Stretch Marks: None so far (knock on wood). I didn't get any on my stomach with Jayne. Hopefully I'll get lucky again! 
Sleep: Pretty good! I don't really ever have to wake up and pee in the night which is nice. 
Best Moment of the Week: Yesterday having an ultrasound and getting to see him again! 
Movement: Little kicks! I've been feeling them for a week or two now. Before that was just butterfly feelings. Thomas felt him kick the other day for the first time :) That was exciting! I feel like he doesn't move around as much as Jayne did. But maybe I'm just distracted by Jayne that I'm not paying as much attention haha. 
Cravings: Not really having any cravings right now... At the beginning it was pickles and cereal. 
What I miss: Sleeping on my stomach.... Except I'm not that big at all yet so I can kind of sleep in between being on my side and stomach. 
What I am looking forward to: I'm changing doctors! I go to Valley Women for Women right now, and I went there with Jayne, but I'm switching to Dr. Huish. I've heard great things about him. I decided that I wanted to see someone regularly (at VWFW you sometimes see different doctors....I didn't even know the lady who delivered Jayne) and also Dr. Huish delivers at Banner Gateway which is closer to us. VWFW delivers at Mercy Gilbert which is a great hospital and I enjoyed it there when I had Jayne, but it's just further away so Gateway is more convenient. My first appointment with Huish will be the middle of March. 
Labor Signs: No
Symptoms: Just some pain in my lower stomach from him pushing/my uterus expanding. Sometimes it's pretty painful! 
Nursery: He will be sharing a room with Jayne once he is sleeping through the night.... But at the beginning he will be in our room for a while. 
Emotions: Feeling good and excited to think about who he will look like... what he will act like.... :) And nervous because having a newborn and a toddler will not be that easy haha. 

1 comment:

  1. You're looking great girl! Congratulations on your BOY! :)

    ReplyDelete