Wednesday, January 2, 2013

We're having a....

BABY! It seriously didn't sink in really until today when I had my ultrasound. Thomas and I are so excited to be parents! Ok sorry if this post is too personal, but I think hardly anyone reads it... and I am writing this as a journal. Let's start from the beginning....
Since Thomas and I have been married I have been wanting to get pregnant. I would ask him almost everyday if we could have a baby haha. Half the time I was kidding... because I knew we should wait at least a little while longer. Mostly I was serious, because my dream is to be a mom. Finally a couple months ago, Thomas said we could start trying to have a baby! I was so excited! I stopped taking birth control, and 2 months later I was pregnant! I am very grateful for how quickly it happened. I feel so blessed. 
December 1st was when we found out I was pregnant. Thomas knew even before me :) He was in the bathroom with the pregnancy test. I was too nervous to see it first haha. He came out of the bathroom with a huge smile on his face and said we were going to have a baby. Ahh! It was unreal. I took another pregnancy test just to make sure I would get another positive. I also took one about a week later because I was paranoid haha. Soon after we told our parents, and then we told our siblings during Christmas time :)
I first went to the doctor a couple weeks ago to do a urine test and blood work to make sure I'm pregnant. I hate giving blood... not fun. She had to poke me twice too because she didn't get the vein the first time. After the appointment I was standing waiting to talk to the front desk lady and schedule my next appointment and I started blacking out so I had to sit down. They gave me juice and crackers haha. So yeah that appointment wasn't too exciting...
But my appointment today was amazing! I had my first ultrasound and we got to hear the heartbeat. Thomas came with me of course, and we were just loving seeing the baby on the screen. It was amazing! It actually kind of looked like a baby! In the picture you can kind of see the baby's toes if you make the picture bigger. So precious.
I am grateful to have this perfect little baby growing inside me! It is an amazing thing. I am also very grateful that I feel so well! I hear about people throwing up all the time and just laying in bed all day... I feel so blessed to be healthy and hardly sick at all. I just have to make sure my stomach is never empty and I'm fine. Saltine crackers and pickles are delicious. I crave those quite a bit. And cereal always sounds yummy. 
Next week is Disneyland!! Ahh I'm so excited!!! 

4 comments:

  1. SOOOO incredibly happy for you guys! You're going to be a cute pregnant lady and an amazing mom! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much Katie! You are going to be a great mom too ;) whenever that time comes... ;)

      Delete
  2. What!!? That is so exciting! Yay!!! Can't wait to find out what your having :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Amy! Thomas and I are super excited!! I can't wait to find out either! I probably won't find out until like the middle of March :( too far away!

      Delete