Sunday, March 23, 2014

Almost 8 months!

I am doing Jayne's 8 month post early (she turns 8 months next Sunday) because I have tons of blogging to catch up on!
So this post will be about Jayne and also the random fun things we've been up to in the last month or so :)

 Jayne is loving food now!!! She would eat all day long if I let her. Some of her favorite foods are: cheerios, puffs, string cheese, steamed veggies (carrots, broccoli, cauliflower, celery), noodles, scrambled eggs and graham crackers. Since she was able to pick up a piece of food and put it in her mouth, she has only wanted to feed herself. Sometimes I can sneak in bites of baby food, but for the most part she just feeds herself and we're done with the pureed food. Except like apple sauce... 
I gave her a bowl of Cheerios one time and it kept her occupied for quite a while. She would sometimes take out just one Cheerio at a time and eat it or sometimes she would pick up the bowl and dump them all out. It was so fun watching her. 
 So I just counted and Jayne has 27 cousins! Crazy! (And another one will be born next week). She loves playing with all of them. They are so good to her. She's the happiest when she is around other kids. 
This is her with her cousin Neum! He was born a few weeks after Jayne. 
 She loves to play with her car seat. Silly girl 
 She is OBSESSED with this ABC puzzle! Seriously. She plays with it for foreeeever. I have to have her play with it with her binky in though so she doesn't eat the pieces haha. Speaking of... she hasn't figured out that she can take her binky out and put something else in her mouth. I don't know why haha. Sometimes I have put her in her high chair and i'll give her something to eat and then look over a few minutes later and she's just playing with the food and not eating it because her binky is in haha. 
 Jayne now was 5 TEETH! Crazy crazy! She had 3 on the top pretty much all come in at the same time. I think she has another one on top coming through soon as well. She makes such funny faces and likes to put her finger(s) in her mouth a lot. I think she is like "what the heck are these things in my mouth??" 
 My dad is so good with Jayne! She loves to play with Grandpa! 

 My sister shared a refried beans recipe with me (suuuper easy) and so I made them and made burritos to freeze! Yay! So easy and makes a great quick lunch/dinner! 


I have the best ward! Seriously. Twice a year they have a huge ward/neighborhood party at the park (field) right in our neighborhood. They have tons of food, games, jumpy house things, petting zoo, etc. 

There was a HUGE snake! So freaky. But of course I had Jayne sit next to it to take a picture haha :) 

I made a book! I made it on shutterfly and it was only 8 bucks! (Just had to pay shipping.) It's about my pregnancy-through birth of Jayne! It was so fun to make! 

I started babysitting 2 kids (Courtney and Max) twice a week! Jayne loves it! 

 Courtney loves Jayne! It's the cutest thing. 



Jayne's smiles after she finishes nursing are my absolute favorite. I am so grateful I am able to breastfeed her and I honestly think it will be hard to stop! Such a special thing. 

Matching with our Beatles shirts!!!

 She loves mirrors haha 

She sits with her back so straight 

My mom and I went to the grilled cheese truck! This is was we got! A waffle with chicken and cheese inside and you dip it in syrup. I know I know... sounds GROSS! But oh man... it was SO GOOD!!!!!!! I'm craving it right now... 

Happy happy girl!!! 


Sitting on the porch swing outside! One of our favorite things to do! 

It looks like she's texting haha 



Have I ever talked about how often we eat spaghetti? haha we eat it at least once a week.... We're obsessed. 

We love the park! 

My latest projects, thanks to my friend Annamarie! We love to craft together :) I spray painted this board then painted the middle with chalkboard paint! I need to repaint the chalkboard part though and then I'll write something on it.... :) And then I think I'm going to hang it by our front door and so we can put our keys on the knobs. 


I have this one in our kitchen :) 

Jayne and I went to check out Riverview Park! That park is crazy! Definitely not a park for babies... There were no baby swings. But when she's older she will love it! 


I was kind of freaking out watching kids climb this! So scary! 

Still always pointing at things! And it's always with her right hand. 

YAY FOR NEW PHONES!! The rest of these pictures were taken with my new phone! So you can tell they are much better haha. Thomas and I were on a plan with T-Mobile with my parents and brother. Our contract finally ended and so we switched to AT&T and got on a plan with our sister-in-law Carrie and some other family members. Luckily they can have 10 devices and they had 8, so we could get on their plan! Score! We both got an iPhone 5s :) I'm loving it!! 

This is the first picture I took of Jayne with my new phone :) 


We go on walks (almost) every night and it makes me laugh how Jayne leans forward and holds on the whole time haha. 

We helped Courtney record a video of her song for a contest! 
 Panoramic shot just for fun... 


I love how she grabbed onto the swing like this. So cute! 

Hanging out in bed with daddy :) 

We love playdates with Kellen and Heidi! Kellen is freaking adorable! 


We discovered her new favorite toy at Grandma's.

Playing cards with Thomas! Good times 

If Jayne ever wakes up before 7, we're both usually so tired and lazy so I'll nurse her in bed laying down and then give her toys to play with and/or turn on Baby Einstein while we rest for a while longer haha. 

Her poses are so funny! 

She isn't crawling yet, but she gets everywhere! She does the mermaid we call it. She keeps her legs together and pushes off her toes so she looks like a mermaid. I wonder when/if she'll crawl for real?? haha 


Thomas put this bowl on her head of course haha. 

Jayne had her first trip to the zoo! She loved it! She didn't really care about the animals because she's too young, but she enjoyed being outside and riding in the stroller :) I was dying at how cute she is in this hat! 












Jayne and I went to Usery Pass with Thomas' family for a BBQ! Thomas couldn't come because he was taking pictures :( But we had a great time! Jayne took only a 15 minute nap on the way there so I was worried she would be fussy, but she loved being outside and with her cousins! 


Hahaha I love her face in this one. She's like save me mom!! 




I only take selfies when Jayne is in them haha. 







Hanging out in the mother's lounge :) 

String cheese! Yum yum! 

I love her little feet! She loves to point her toes. I can't wait until I can put her in dance... :) 


Wearing green for St. Patrick's Day! We went to grandma's house to play, then went to Culver's to get a treat and Kid to Kid to get Jayne an Easter dress! 



So cute! 

We went to my brother's house to celebrate my mom's birthday! 

My dad playing with all the kids. Love this! 


Pictionary! 


I babysat Ian and Jamison the other day. Jayne had fun with her cousins! 



Sometimes Jayne gets overwhelmed around a lot of people, especially when I'm not holding her. But she makes the cutest sad face! haha 

Making a picture for grandma's birthday! 

We went to Firehouse Subs so my mom could get her free birthday lunch! 


Jayne tried a pickle for the first time. She liked it! That's my girl ;) 


We went to Jacob and Joselyn's wedding in the Gilbert Temple! It was wonderful! Then after I helped with pictures (Stephen and Thomas took them) and then we went to their luncheon! They had Costa Vida sweet pork and burritos and YUMMY cheesecake. It was fun! 

Jayne loves to watch her dad. I love watching these two bond! 





She seriously stared at me like this until I shared my popsicle with her! 


She loves climbing over me. Constantly! 

She's getting too big! 



Eating her toes... haha 

We went to Greenfield Park and had a picnic! We ate pizza and Jayne ate scrambled eggs :) She looooves eggs. 







It blows my mind that it's almost been 8 months since Jayne was born! Time is flying by... She is starting to say different sounds (mama, baba, dada, nana, etc.) and it's so cute! She is so expressive when she talks. She loooves to talk while she's eating. Another new thing is that when she drops something she looks down for it. She's learning and growing every day! 

No comments:

Post a Comment