Thursday, August 21, 2014

Nursing Graduate

Guys.... We made it! Jayne and I made it (almost) 13 months breast feeding! I am so proud! It was not always easy. Who knew it would be difficult?? I sure didn't. When I was pregnant I learned that some people have a tough time nursing to the point where they give up. I thought it was a natural, simple thing?? Crazy how much you learn once you're a mom :) I remember nursing Jayne what felt like alllllll day when she was a newborn. Seriously I would feed her for 45 minutes sometimes! Then 45 minutes after that she would be hungry again! It was exhausting. I felt like a cow just sitting there haha. But that lasted just a few months before it got easier. I'm so glad I stuck with it! It got to the point where she would eat for only 5-10 minutes. So quick! Nursing in public wasn't too difficult. It wasn't my favorite thing... Jayne hated being covered up usually. But I would usually plan my day around her feeding schedule so I wouldn't have to nurse her in public. For the last month or so I was only nursing her once a day. From then it was pretty easy to quit. She was hardly nursing long at all. I had already starting giving her whole milk in a sippy cup. At first she wanted nothing to do with it, but now she loves it! She doesn't drink a ton of it, but it's ok. She gets enough and gets calcium from yogurt and cheese as well. I will miss my time with Jayne when I would nurse her.... I loved being the one that could feed her in that way. I loved cuddling with her. She is not a cuddly baby, so this was my time to just hold her and have her stay there and not move. I will miss that! But I guess that's why we have more kids :) That is not any sort of announcement... haha. I love my Jayney girl and am so proud that we made it more than a year nursing! Yay!

No comments:

Post a Comment