Saturday, November 1, 2014

Birthday Weekend

Thomas' birthday was Sunday (the 26th) and my birthday was Tuesday (the 28th) so we always have a weekend of fun stuff to celebrate! Friday we started off by dropping Jayne off at my parents house. She slept there for the night! First sleepover at Grandma's :) She did great and even slept from 8 pm until 10:40 am! She's crazy! Anyways so after we dropped her off we went to Red Robin to get our free burgers! We were in a hurry because we had to get to the state fair before 6 to use our free tickets, so we got them to go. Score! We didn't even have to pay a waitress haha. It was delicious of course. Mmm I love their burgers and sweet potato fries! We ate our burgers on the way to the fair and barely made it by 6! It was a little stressful haha. We walked around for a bit and then went inside the stadium to see Colbie Caillat perform! It was amazing! So we were in the back but in the first row in the back, so there was space in front of us. After only about 4 songs these two girls came up to us and gave us their tickets because they had to leave for some reason, so we got to take their seats in the 4th row!!! It was freaking awesome!! Ahh we were so close to her! That made the night way better. After the concert we walked around a little more (and I got fried cheesecake YUM) then we left. After that we went goofy golfing! It is one of our favorite things to do! I beat Thomas of course (just kidding ha. but I really did beat him... ;) ) After goofy golfing we went and walked around Freestone Park for a bit and then went home. It was so weird going home without Jayne there asleep! We watched a movie and I kept thinking we needed to turn it down so we didn't wake up Jayne haha. It was so nice "sleeping in" (yeah right... I can't sleep in anymore even if I try haha) and just laying in bed for a while. We were going to go to Ihop and get free breakfast, but since it was already almost 11 by the time we were ready we decided to go get our free lunch at Dickey's BBQ! YUMMMMM! Their pork is seriously incredible. I'm obsessed. Once we finished lunch we went back to my parents because I missed Jayne too much! I slept horrible that night because it was weird not having her in the other room! It was awesome to get lots of quality time with Thomas, though. We needed that time together! That night we had our friends, Jannae and Daniel, watch Jayne while we went to Arizona's Rockin' With Talent. My MIL, Margaret, is a cancer survivor who started this organization called Setting Them Free who raises money for cancer/terminally ill patients. They did this awesome event where kids-adults shared their talents to help raise money. Thomas and Stephen filmed the performance. It was a fun night!
Sunday was Thomas' birthday! It was pretty much just a normal Sunday since we couldn't go get him free food, but it was a great day! We had dinner at my parents and then walked to the Moyers that night to visit for a little bit.
Tuesday was my birthday :) Thomas didn't have pools, but he did have to meet with a guy for a video, so just Jayne and I went to Denny's to get my free breakfast! Jayne liked the goldfish the waitress brought her :) My mom watched Jayne while Thomas and I went to get my free sub from Firehouse! I got the smokehouse brisket sub and oh man... It was so dang good. I'm craving it right now. That night we went to Joe's BBQ! Some of my family came. It was a great birthday! :) And an awesome weekend!
 This was from our seats in the back.... 

And this was in the front!

Fried cheesecake is so good! Fried oreos are my favorite though. 


When we were goofy golfing we found this frog :) 


Dickey's! Mmmm 

Thomas filming at Arizona's Rockin' With Talent :) 
Breakfast at Denny's! 
Free sub at Firehouse! 

I also got a free peach smoothie from Dutch Bros! 
Jayne was all over the place at Joe's haha. 

No comments:

Post a Comment