Saturday, December 27, 2014

Baby #2!


Jayne is going to be a big sister! I am pregnant with baby #2 :) and we are so excited! Also very nervous haha. It will be tough! Especially at the beginning. But I think Jayne will love having a sibling, especially when the baby is old enough to play with her. We wanted to have two kind of close together and then we will wait at least 3 years before trying for another one.
I found out I was pregnant on November 7th. It happened super quickly. I knew I was pregnant pretty much right away. Seriously some pregnancy symptoms started so fast. I took a pregnancy test and was only 3 weeks pregnant but got a positive test result. I was shocked! Not that I was pregnant... because I really felt like I was. But shocked that I got a positive test that soon. So funny story. The first test I took was an $0.88 one from Walmart (Not the picture above). Super cheap. But people say those are accurate. It took a while to see the results but the line was faint and was a positive. Any sort of line even if faint means you are pregnant. It was just faint because I was barely pregnant. So then like 2 days later I wanted to take another test just to make sure.... just because I had one anyways. So it was the same cheap Walmart one. Well this one didn't work! It didn't even say not pregnant... It just wasn't valid. So I was like crap! I'm sure I'm pregnant because I got a positive before and getting false positives isn't very common... But I was still freaking out a little. The next day I went to Target and got a more expensive pregnancy test (pictured above) and got a positive right away. After that I was relieved and felt lots better haha. 
The day I found out, it was in the early afternoon and Thomas was at work. I talked to him on the phone like right after pretty much but decided that I didn't want to tell him on the phone, I wanted to tell him in person. So I tried coming up with a creative idea to tell him... I ended up doing something simple though. I wrote on a paper "I'm going to be a big sister!" and had Jayne give it to him when he got home. It was so fun! We announced to my family a couple weeks later I think it was or maybe longer and made it "Facebook official" on Christmas Eve with our Christmas card. I have such a hard time keeping my mouth shut though, so lots of people already knew haha. 


We are excited to have another baby in our family! I due July 19th (according to my calculations... I haven't gone to the doctor yet) so I'll be 11 weeks tomorrow :)

No comments:

Post a Comment