Thursday, May 16, 2013

28 Weeks

I'm 28 weeks now! 12 weeks (hopefully a little less...) until Jayne is here! Today I had a doctor's appointment and had my glucose test and an ultrasound. The drink (for the glucose test) was not bad at all... it just tasted like normal fruit punch to me haha. I'm either weird or just not picky because some people dread having to drink it. The ultrasound was not as cool as I thought it would be... Baby girl was curled up and hiding her face the whole time! She is 2 lbs. 11 oz.
After the ultrasound I met with my doctor. She said that she noticed that Jayne's head circumference was lower than normal for her size. She said it's not too much of a concern yet, though. But of course now I'm super worried... I'll have another ultrasound the end of June to see if her measurements are better.
I've definitely started feeling more pregnant lately. I get out of breath so easy and I feel light headed quite a bit. Headaches are also happening more often (probably because it's getting hotter) so I'm trying to drink tons of water. Other than that I don't really have any complaints. I know I am just going to get bigger and get more uncomfortable, but it's nice to know that I don't even have that long before she's here.
I have so much to look forward to! This week is my last week of work (bittersweet... I will miss my preschool kids so much!) It will be nice to relax for the summer and finish getting ready for Jayne to join our family, but that also means I will have basically nothing to do! Her room is almost all the way done (I need to post pics on here soon) which I LOVE. Her room is my favorite. I go and sit in there all the time. It makes me so happy! I am excited to deep clean our little house this summer and get things really organized. Another thing I am looking forward to is my sister and her little girl Payton are coming the beginning of next month! That will be so fun to spend time with them :) Payton is the cutest and I miss her so much. While they are here I am having my baby shower, so I am of course stoked for that. Thomas and I are probably going to register in a week or two... that will be exciting :)
Overall things are going great with Thomas and I. He is starting to do some more videos for companies, so it's been nice to save a little more money. .I love hearing Thomas talk about what it will be like when Jayne is here. He really will be the cutest dad... I can't wait. Almost every night he tells me how excited he is for his little girl to be here and to hold her. It kills me every time. I just love hearing him be excited. He has a hard time around other kids.... so I have always been a little worried. He knows it will be a million times different though with Jayne, because she is OURS. I could go on and on about how excited we are....

I love her cute little hand covering her face in this picture haha 

No comments:

Post a Comment