Tuesday, June 25, 2013

June

It's crazy that June is already almost over! Where the crap did it go?? No but seriously. This month seemed to fly by. Here is what the hubby and I have been up to lately... 

*Dealing with my diabetes
I seriously am so done with it! I honestly can say that I am grateful that I only have about 6 weeks left of this, and I have no clue how people can have a diet like this all the time! I can't even count how many break downs I have had lately. First off, I am pregnant, so I am automatically more emotional than normal. Second off, food is so important to me! I LOVE food! If you know me well, you will definitely understand this haha. I know everyone loves food. But yeah... it's like a huge part of my life. I used to eat cereal at least twice a day. I haven't even had a bowl in 4 weeks. It's so sad. I miss not having to look at nutrition labels all the time. But, I am grateful to know that I have this so that I can keep Jayne and I healthy! Although it's hard, it is all worth it! Some people think gestational diabetes isn't that big of a deal, and I didn't really either after learning my diet, but after having it for 4 weeks, I realize how tough it is. My blood sugar gets high so quickly sometimes when I eat hardly any carbs at all! It is so frustrating to see high numbers. Overall I have been doing really well though. My doctor said I'm her rock star diabetic :) 

*Finishing up the baby's room!
Curtains are up! Aren't they so cute? I love them! My friend Miya has a sewing machine, so she helped me get fabric and sew them. I just love how simple they are. And the color matches the room so well. 

I got this bookshelf from this lady off of a Facebook group for only 5 bucks! Score! And my mom gave me most of these books and the book ends. Yay! I'm obsessed with kids books.



*Eating salad....
Guys... I counted today. I have been doing this gestational diabetes diet thing for almost 4 weeks now, and I have eaten 33 salads. Holy smokes! Yeah, pretty much every day I have at least one, sometimes 2 salads. Good thing I like salad! But seriously I am starting to get reeeeally sick of it all the time. (PS I knew how many salads I have had the past 4 weeks because I have to keep a chart of everything I eat and what my blood sugar numbers are for my doctor to see.)

*Pretending our daughter is a rapper
Haha I look over during Sunday school and Thomas was drawing this on a paper. It made me laugh so hard. 

*Having music and dance parties at my parents house
My nieces and nephews are seriously the cutest! I love them! They love when Uncle Thomas plays them Disney songs on the piano :)



My dad playing the harmonica and Mason playing the guitar. Seriously can Jett get any cuter?? Haha I love his outfit... Hawaiian shirt with plaid shorts. Nice :) Dad definitely dressed him.


*Playing with PAYTON!
My sister, Donelle, and her little girl Payton came and visited us for almost a week! She came for my baby shower, but also just to see everyone of course. (Oh I don't have any pictures of my baby shower... dang. It was so fun and perfect! Jayne got so spoiled! I was overwhelmed with how many people came! I am so grateful!!) It was such a fun week having them here. Payton (she's 6 months) is at such a fun age! She was soooo happy and smiley seriously like the whole time. She is like the best baby. I need to have her teach Jayne some things when she is born haha. It was so hard to have them leave!! But they will be back the end of August to meet Jayne! 


Payton with my Grandpa Crandell. This was on his birthday. He turned 79! But you would never know. He seriously amazes me. He hiked the Grand Canyon last year and he plays basketball in the mornings and goes to the gym. He is a rock star!


My grandpa is basically putting this truck back together and making it work. So tight. He painted it this awesome blue. I love it!


*Picking out Jayne's outfit for her to come home in!
Ok I don't really know if she really will wear this, because it depends how big she is! But this outfit is so teeny tiny! And I think it's so freaking adorable! 

*Getting Jayne's car seat
This was the group gift at my baby shower. Yay! So awesome! I love it!! Perfect for when we have a boy too :) I'm all for gender neutral strollers and car seats and stuff so we can use them for our future son. 

*Eating greek yogurt
Ok seriously, this stuff is SO YUMMY! And this particular kind has the least amount of carbs I have seen in yogurt, so I can actually have this kind (ocassionally). Toasted coconut vanilla or something it's called. It is seriously delicious. And definitely worth a dollar. 

*Getting other fun things for baby girl!
This play mat was only 5 bucks. Score! 

My mother-in-law gave me this baby book. So perfect!

I got so many blankets at my baby shower. I am so grateful! I LOVE swaddling babies and just snuggling with them in a soft blanket... so so so excited to hold my sweet girl.

This is what she'll sleep in for the first little bit! It will be right next to our bed :)

Ok seriously this is like the coolest thing! My sister got it for me. She uses it for Payton. It's a sound machine, and also a projector! So it's like a mobile, but real pictures that go through the projector on the ceiling. So awesome!!

*Hubby got a new camera (Canon Mark II)
Thomas has been doing quite a few videos lately and has been absolutely loving it. He is getting better and better each one he makes. He upgraded his camera to the Mark II. I was skeptical because it cost so much, but it will be a good investment for his business! Plus, he is learning more and getting better at photography, so I'm excited that he'll be able to take really good pictures of Jayne when she is born :) 
But seriously isn't he just so cute? I just love him so much. Yeah neither of us are perfect and we have disagreements like a normal couple, but I love him more every day! He is going to be such a great dad. I have especially have been grateful to have him right by my side lately when I have had hard times because of my pregnancy and the whole diabetes thing. He is so understanding and will just hold me while I cry and try to cheer me up. He is such a stud. I'm so grateful I have him for eternity! 

*Watching my belly do crazy things!
Jayne is getting bigger, and so now instead of kicks, we see full on rolls and turns. It is crazy! My stomach will get totally lopsided sometimes. 

*Getting used to it (officially) being summer
My poor hubby works outside doing pools... He is such a trooper. He has to leave so early in the morning so that he can get done before it gets to be too hot. We have had fun going swimming together lately though :) Oh and I made this summer banner! I had it up for spring, and I realized spring and summer had the same number of letters, so I turned the papers around and made it say summer on one side! 

Oh and my mom today bought me this bumbo! for 5 bucks! That's a steal for one of these!

No comments:

Post a Comment