Wednesday, July 17, 2013

37 Weeks

I am officially FULL TERM! Woo hoo! That basically means that Jayne wouldn't be considered a preemie if she came now, but it doesn't necessarily mean that she is done "cooking in the oven". I have to remind myself this... Automatically I think "Hey! I'm full term so that means she can come today and be perfectly ok!" While that may be the case for most babies, it might not be for some. I need to remember that she will come when she is ready. Each day she is still in there she is growing and developing. All I want is a healthy baby! (Although I will do all I can to try and get her here sooner... because I'm starting to go crazy, and she will come when she's supposed to anyways... haha)

I had another doctor's appointment this morning. I made a little progress! I'm now 2 cm dilated! Not much... but hey at least it was a tiny bit of progress :) Jayne is still head down and everything looks good. I am excited because I am having ANOTHER ultrasound on Monday! Because of the gestational diabetes they want to check her measurements again. I wasn't expecting this, so I was excited to find that out :) I am curious to see how much she's grown in the last 3 weeks and find out her approximate weight. According to pregnancy apps, she should be 6.5 lbs right now... But last ultrasound she was pretty small for how far along I was. I mentioned to the doctor about getting my membranes stripped next week to help things speed up a little, but she reminded me that because of my diabetes, sometimes the baby's lungs need a little longer to be developed. She said it's probably best for her health to keep her in as long as possible. I just really hope things look good in the ultrasound and maybe she will be ready to come sooner than August 7th... haha but we'll see how stubborn she is!

How far along? 37 weeks
Total weight gain/loss: Gained about 20 pounds
Stretch marks? Not on my stomach! But watch... I probably will get them like a day before I have her ha
Sleep: It's hit or miss... I haven't been sleeping very good the past week. And I usually have to get up and go pee at least one time in the night.
Best moment this week: Probably just organizing the baby's room more and making sure everything is ready for her to come!
Miss Anything? Being able to sit comfortably....
Movement: Of course. But it's slowed down since she is taking up lots of room now. It's now just jabs and rolls instead of kicks. And mostly she is just pushing out... or pushing on my bladder!
Food cravings: I crave everything I can't eat right now... seriously. I want carbs so bad!!!
Anything making you queasy or sick: Nope
Have you started to show yet: Stupid question. Of course. Yet I am proud to say that I am small for being 37 weeks :) (or at least people tell me all the time...) It may partly be because of my body type, but I think mostly it's because of my diet I'm on!
Gender: Girl! And we have had many ultrasounds to make sure
Wedding rings on or off? On! Yay! My fingers haven't swelled up at all. My ankles have a couple times though. But mostly no swelling.
Happy or Moody most of the time: Happy! And excited!
Looking forward to: My ultrasound and appointment on Monday! I get to see my sweet girl and hopefully I will be dilated a little more...
Anything Else? I just can't believe the end is so near! It's been an awesome 37 weeks. I am so glad to experience this. I thank Heavenly Father every day that he has blessed me with this baby. Now I just want to hold her!!!!!!


Ok I had to post this because I thought it was the cutest thing... So Thomas came home from work and showed me this. He found this flat piece of stone, and he carved Jayne's name in it with a rock. He said he was thinking about her at work and he just can't wait for her to be here. How adorable is that? He is going to be such a good daddy. He is so sweet and thoughtful.
 

2 comments: