Wednesday, July 24, 2013

38 Weeks

Welp folks, I'm 38 weeks pregnant! No baby yet. I have a feeling she isn't going to come early haha. Maybe I'm just trying to convince myself that that is true so that if she does come early, then I will be pleasantly surprised. But she will probably come in 2 weeks I'm thinking. Again, we'll see how stubborn she is! 
I had an appointment at the doctor's on Monday... 2 days ago. I had ANOTHER ultrasound. My 7th one! Crazy, I know. They are just curious about her size and development because of the diabetes. Everything looked good though! She is in the 21st percentile and around 6 pounds. I'm totally cool with that. Sounds like a good size baby to me! I would rather not have to push out a 10 pounder... I was a little sad, though, because they didn't check to see if I'm dilated more. But oh well. I bet I'm not even dilated more so it's probably a good thing I didn't get checked or I would have been sad haha. I have learned it doesn't matter how dilated you are though. Someone could be at 6 cm for weeks. Or another person could not be dilated at all and then all of a sudden start having crazy contractions and go from nothing to a 10 fairly quickly. Everyone is different. The other day I found out a lady due a couple days after me had already had her baby. I was so jealous. That was hard to hear! But I quickly got over it. I want a healthy baby, and that means she will come when she is supposed to come. 
I have loved going on my early morning walks. Thomas leaves for work around 6, so I leave right after he does. I walk around the neighborhood for like 45 minutes. It isn't too hot yet, and sometimes it has even been cloudy. It's nice :) I'm trying to walk this baby out of me... Sometimes Thomas and I go on walks at night, too.
We have just been trying to be patient waiting for Jayne to arrive... but it's hard! I didn't know it would be this hard! You know the feeling of the night before Christmas when you can't sleep? It's like that, but waaaay worse. It's mostly hard because we never know when she could be coming! Thomas is so cute- almost every day he will put his head by my belly and talk to Jayne and tell her that she needs to come out already. Yesterday he said to me "By the way, right after Jayne is born, I get to hold her for 1 hour straight." I was like "no way! Maybe I will share for a little bit..." and then he said "You have had time with her in your stomach this whole time so I need to have time with her!" Hahaha I thought it was hilarious and adorable. One of the things I am most excited for is seeing his relationship with her. I think it is precious when a daddy is holding his little girl. 
Each day I try and find new things to do... I am so bored! Also, the A/C broke in my car. $300 later and it's still not fixed... SO FRUSTRATING!!! We are having a guy come fix it tomorrow, so hopefully this time this guy will actually know how to fix it. It's definitely hard being 8 1/2 months pregnant, going to the grocery store, with no A/C. I basically try and stay indoors all day because of it. I'm thinking I'll go to the library later today or tomorrow and get a good book to read to give me something to do. Just trying to help the time go faster...    


Isn't this the cutest outfit?? I LOVE it!! I can't wait to dress up Jayne.  

 I decided to be productive yesterday since I didn't want to leave the house, so I organized our shelves in our bathroom! I threw away tons of stuff, organized it, and put Jayne's bathtub and bath stuff in there :) The top picture is before, and the bottom picture is after. It doesn't look a whole lot different in the pictures, but it is definitely more organized. I love it! 


My friend, Heidi, is awesome and came to my house last night and gave me a pedicure! It was so fun to catch up on things with her since I hadn't talked to her  in forever. And now I have cute toes for the hospital! 

 So on the Manning side there are FOUR of us pregnant! It's so fun! I am due first, then Maria is due 3 weeks after me, Julie is due the end of October, and Andrea is due the beginning of December! Andrea is also having a girl which is exciting :) Maria is having a boy, and Julie doesn't want to find out what she's having. I'm excited to have all these new babies in the family!! 


No comments:

Post a Comment