Monday, July 8, 2013

4th of July and Baby Update!

Thomas and I had a pretty chill 4th of July. We didn't have anything specific planned, so we kinda just did whatever we felt like that day. He had work, but he left super early so he could get home by lunch time :) We ate some yummy yummy steak for lunch and went swimming at the Moyer's for a while. I told him that I really wanted to go see fireworks somewhere, because that's just what you have to do for the 4th! Fireworks aren't even that exciting... but I knew I wanted to get out of the house and go somewhere! We decided to go with his parents to the Country Club in Scottsdale on the golf course to watch the fireworks. My mother-in-law grew up watching the fireworks there every year. It was awesome! We had fun going with them. 
The next day we went to my parents cabin in Heber for the weekend! We knew this would be the last weekend I should go anywhere since I'm getting closer to my due date (a week from yesterday!), and plus Heber was having fun 4th of July festivities, so we decided to go! I am so glad we did. The weather was awesome... Saturday night I had a jacket on! It got to the 60s at night. It was great. We had fun playing games, going to the parade, watching the rain and going on walks. My parents were there as well as my brothers Brooks and Preston, as well as Preston's wife and kids. It was a fun little vaca before baby girl comes :) 

The only picture I took from the weekend... Jett is such a cutie!! I love this boy! 

Alright, now for an update on our little bun in the oven! She is doing great! I will be 36 weeks on Wednesday. Today I had an appointment and got checked for the first time to see if I'm dilated. The doctor before she checked me had asked if I had had any contractions or anything, and I told her that I have felt a little bit of pain a couple times, but nothing crazy. Mostly just uncomfortable. She told me not to be surprised if I wasn't dilated at all yet. But, lo and behold, she said "Oh wow Tannis, I can feel her head!" I was like whaaaaat?? You're touching my baby's head right now?? (Ok sorry if this is gross or too personal.... haha) She told me I'm about 1.5 cm dilated and 25% effaced! Now I know that many ladies can be the same for weeks... so I'm not getting my hopes up that this means Jayne could be coming super soon or anything, but any progress is good! My body is definitely starting to get ready to give birth which is a great thing of course. Hopefully she'll be here sooner than later! My next appointment is next Wednesday. I am on weekly appointments now!    

My mom's good friend who lives across the street from her, Louise, gave me this sign for Jayne's room! She gave me the piece of wood and the vinyl lettering (she didn't know the exact color to do), so Thomas and I still had extra spray paint from painting the dresser knobs, so we painted the wood to match the room, put on the letters, and hung it up! I love it!

How cute is this picture?? Uncle Thomas and Jett :) 

Thomas' new baby. Haha but seriously... this is his new camera and camera rig thing. It's a shoulder mount and follow focus for videos. He also got 3 new lenses. He has quite a few videos coming up! Which is good because our bank account isn't too happy right now... haha. But this is a great business investment. He really needed this equipment to make high quality/professional videos. I am so dang proud of my husband. He rocks. 


No comments:

Post a Comment