Thursday, September 19, 2013

7 Weeks

This little girl turned 7 weeks old on Tuesday! I know I always act surprised that she keeps growing up... but seriously, it's insane. She is getting bigger everyday and it makes me a little sad sometimes! I will miss her being so little! 

Some random things about our little Jayne...
*Nicknames: Jayney, Jayney-do, "the little girl", baby girl
*She's starting to really get some chubbers on her! I can totally tell her thighs are getting bigger. When I give her a bath, I gotta make sure I get between some folds :) haha. 
*Speaking of baths... this girl is still LOVING bath time. She never cries and just chills there and likes to kick her legs. She will suck on her hands after I get them wet. Haha it makes me laugh. And I love her surprised face when I get her face wet.
*She loves to stand! She looks so tall when she's standing up. She's doing a good job at holding up her head these days, too. 
*She isn't spitting up as much now... like she hardly ever does... yay! This morning she spit up a couple times though... I think it was because I ate citrus...
*She's sleeping 6-8 hours through the night, usually around 7
*She LOVES her bouncer! She smiles and moves around a ton. I will just sit there and watch her play... haha it's my favorite 
*She's not liking her swing as much as she used to... but she still likes it sometimes
*She is really starting to concentrate on objects. She has this toy ball that makes noise and when I shake it and move it around from one side of her head to the other, she follows it with her eyes. I love watching her concentration while she does this.
*I love breastfeeding her... It is seriously the best! I love the connection I have with her. And she looks so so so cute when she eats and makes the cutest noises.
*I love when I burp her and she has her eyes wide open, her eyebrows raised up so her forehead is scrunched up, and she looks around. Haha it is adorable. Except I don't like that sometimes it takes FOREVER to get a burp out of her!
*Jayne loves to go on walks. She will usually be awake for like 5 minutes or so and then she'll fall asleep. I can't WAIT until it's nicer weather and I can take her for walks in the middle of the day!
*She also loves to ride in the car. I'm SO glad she doesn't mind being in her car seat. The other day she was being fussy, and I was pretty sure it was because she was tired, and we got in the car to go home, and she fell asleep in literally like 2 seconds. The car totally calms her down.
*She is sleeping in her crib every night now... She has been for a couple weeks now. I still have her bassinet by our bed. I guess it's time to put it in the attic! I didn't know she would be going in her crib so soon... It kind of makes me sad! She's growing up too fast! 
*Sometimes, if she's super tired, she will fall asleep on her own. I will swaddle her, (arms out still... she HATES her arms being in) then lay her down in her crib, and turn on her sound machine, and she'll fall asleep! Ok this has only happened a couple times... but it was great! I'm hoping she'll be able to start doing this more often. But usually I have to hold her until she's either asleep or almost asleep, and then I'll put her down. I don't mind holding her/rocking her to sleep, but sometimes it just takes a while! 
*So we have a sound machine... and it ROCKS! There are a couple different sounds, but we have it so it plays rain sounds. And we have it on the loudest it goes. Then when we have friends over and she's sleeping, we don't have to be quiet because she has her loud rain sounds in her room. Score :) Plus, it calms her down. 
*She has been a little stinker about naps lately. She likes to take little cat naps all day. She is sleeping right now though and has been for about an hour, so that's good!
*She has been smiling quite a bit lately! But seriously she is naughty because when I get out the camera she stops.
* She loves to coo, squeal, have the hiccups (she actually hates them but apparently her body likes to have them... she has them all the time and it's so annoying!), do huge toots and burps (holy cow she amazes us sometimes with the sounds that come out of her hahaha)

We love this little girl! She's starting to be more fun :) I love how she's starting to talk to us, smile,  and play with her toys! 
  
Silly faces! 





 So this is usually the pictures I get of her smiles haha. When she smiles she moves her head around! Crazy girl 




 Daddy likes to do silly things with her haha.... like these 2 pictures 




 My mom watches her while I work, and the other day I came home and saw this haha. What a big girl! Asleep of course... 





 I love this carrier I have! 

No comments:

Post a Comment