Tuesday, October 29, 2013

Birthdays!

My birthday and Thomas' birthday are 2 days apart... So we basically had an awesome weekend!

Friday
We went to the state fair! It was a blast! It's pretty ghetto though... haha. We just had fun walking around and seeing everything there. We went on one kind of crazy ride that was super fun, and then we went on like a ski lift type ride. It's funny because most people go to the fair and buy something fried to eat, like a fried oreo or something crazy, but I got an ice cream cone and Thomas got an icee. Haha how lame is that? I was really just craving ice cream. Usually I would want a funnel cake or something but that wasn't sounding good to me at the time. I'm glad that my parents could watch Jayne so we could have a fun night out :) And also thanks to Thomas' parents who gave us tickets so we didn't have to pay to get in! Score! 



















Saturday (Thomas' birthday!)
We had such a fun day! We started out by getting free IHOP for the both of us! I had signed us up on their website so we got a free breakfast, and you didn't have to use it on your birthday. That rocked! We took Jayne with us, and it was so fun haha. Kind of crazy though... she was pretty good though. It was just different for us because we hadn't taken her to a sit down restaurant yet until then. And usually we would go to like Costa Vida or somewhere kinda fast and she would be asleep anyways. A waitress passed by our table and started freaking out about how cute Jayne was haha. It was so funny. Jayne just kept smiling at her. It was adorable. I love my smiley girl :) After that we went home so Jayne could take a nap, then after she woke up and I fed her we went to meet our new nephew, Jason! He was born on Friday, the 25th. He is a big boy! He was 9 lbs. 10 oz. and 22.5 inches long. He is basically almost as big as Jayne haha. He is so precious. It was fun talking to them and hearing about her birth experience. This was their second, and this time Julie didn't have an epidural. Go her! We left the hospital and went to the mall to get Thomas new clothes. It wasn't a successful shopping trip... We just walked around for a while and left. Thomas didn't really feel like shopping and we were both kinda tired. We came home and Thomas and Jayne napped and we just relaxed. Later my dad came and picked up Jayne, and Thomas and I got ANOTHER date just the two of us. How lucky to get 2 date nights in one weekend?? (We love being with Jayne! But it was fun to have just us time this weekend) Thomas and I went to Wendy's to eat, and we also got Jamba Juice haha. Then we walked around Freestone Park and just talked :) It was the best. I love my husband so much. We have so much fun together. We had some great conversation... It was a much needed date!








Sunday
Nothing really exciting happened Sunday... it was just normal :) We went to church and spent time with family! 

Monday (My birthday)
I went to work in the morning, then went to Joe's BBQ for lunch to get my free meal! It was me and Jayne of course, my mom, Shelci, the twins, and my grandma. After that I just spent time at home with Thomas and Jayne, then my parents watched Jayne again while we went to Grimaldi's for dinner! We got a large ham pizza for free! Score. It was delicious. And we got a caesar salad. After that, since it's at San Tan Mall, we walked around for a bit and just talked. Later I finished off my birthday festivities by going to dance :) Good stuff. 

So it's a tradition in Thomas' family that his mom would decorate their doors for their birthday. I decorated it for his birthday (didn't take pictures though) and he decorated it for mine. I was laughing so hard at some of the things haha. I love my silly husband! He is the best.




Also, before our birthdays, one night we went to Red Robin for free burgers (except they only let us use one of them... so dumb!!) and another night we went to Dickey's Barbeque and got a free sandwich. SO YUMMY!!! 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment