Monday, July 2, 2012

Married Life :)

Being married has been an interesting thing. I've never been married before, obviously, so I didn't really know what to expect. I have learned that is takes a lot of patience and understanding. Don't get me wrong... I LOVE being married! Thomas is my best friend and I wouldn't want to be with anyone else! It's just funny because when we were dating, I thought hey, we get along great and I want to be with him all the time... being married will be perfect and nothing will ever go wrong! Ok I was kind of being sarcastic haha. But you know what I mean! You can't fully imagine what it will be like being married until you are actually married. Thomas and I, like normal married couples, have disagreements.... That sometimes turn into arguments.... But one thing I love, is that we talk it through. We communicate. We could be better at it, but it has been harder for me to adjust. I'm not the type to share my feelings and know exactly what to say in situations. Thomas, on the other hand, is a great communicator. He knows exactly how to say how he's feeling. I am super jealous. He is definitely helping me get better, though. :)
Anyways, this is a super random post. But I was just thinking about it. I love Thomas and I am so glad I married him. He is my best friend! He is silly, kind, hilarious, and so sweet to me. I know he cares about me. I love how he loves to do projects. He will think of something to do, and he'll just do it. It's like there's nothing you can do to change his mind or distract him from it. His movies he makes for example. He LOVES to make movies. His dream job is to be a creator of a kids show. He is so talented at writing catchy songs. 

Here are some reasons why I love being married to Thomas:
1) I don't have to say goodbye! Just goodnight :) I was so excited for this
2) I get to live with my best friend and learn from him
3) Having someone there who I know loves and cares for me no matter what....
4) Every day is fun! Even if we don't do anything, I just love being with him!
5) I love waking up to him laying beside me. Cuddle time in the morning is my fave. 
6) I get to learn how to be a wife and a future mom. I have learned that I have LOTS more to learn and LOTS more to do before I am a mommy :)
7) We get to have a home together and decorate it
8) I like having things to do.... like laundry, dishes, clean the house, etc. 
9) We have so much fun together... We both love to be silly
10) It's so nice to be around someone that I'm completely comfortable with and can talk to about anything!

So I got a calling a couple Sundays ago.... primary chorister. When the guy in the bishopric told me, I just smiled and said of course that I would accept the calling, but in my head I was freaking out. Primary chorister?? Seriously?? He said he had heard I was "very musical" and this would be a perfect calling for me. I can play hymns on the piano... I don't think I am musical though haha. I always thought this was calling for older ladies (not old... but just older than 19!) so I was surprised to hear this. I wanted to be a young women's leader... But we don't get to pick our callings :)
I have done junior primary and senior primary once, with the other primary chorister in the room (we are going to be switching off weeks so we don't have to do it every week which is really nice...). Yesterday I did both junior and senior by myself. I taught them the song Teach Me to Walk in the Light. I had some kids come up and help me hold pictures, do actions, etc. to help them learn the words. They were pretty well behaved (senior definitely better than junior of course) and I think I did decently well. I'm sure I will feel more comfortable up there soon and I will get more creative. 

I feel bad because I am a horrible cook. Seriously I can only make super easy stuff.... like heat up frozen things... haha. It's ridiculous! It is going to be a challenge to learn to make meals. It's nice though that there are so many recipes easy to access. I have lots pinned on pinterest, plus there's tons on the internet of course, and I have like 5 recipe books. I am not very patient, and I don't really like cooking, so it's just going to be something that will take time for me! Good gosh.... wish me luck.

1 comment:

  1. that's my mom's favorite calling! good luck with it, i'm sure you're great at it. :]

    ReplyDelete