Friday, February 15, 2013

Valentine's Day

Before I talk about this year's Valentine's Day, I'm going to reminisce on last year's Valentine's Day... because it was one that I won't ever forget! I want to document this because I don't think I ever wrote about it. Thomas picked me up around 5:00 for dinner. We were all dressed up because we went to a super nice/expensive restaurant, Maestro's City Hall. His brother, Aaron, had recommended it. The food was soooo good. They had this really yummy pretzel bread, we had shrimp, and we also got steak. It was definitely the best steak I've ever had. We had a great time enjoying this really fancy restaurant and enjoying each other's company. When the waiter came to give us the bill we thought, he said "I have some bad news..." I was like crap what is he going to say?? He continued to say "your meal has already been paid for!" What?? Thomas was so confused. We found out his brother who had suggested that we eat there had paid for our meal. So nice! By the way, the bill was over $100. So that pretty much rocked. As we left, we talked about what we would do next. As we were heading home, Thomas told me that his mom had told him that he needed to go pick up chairs from his aunt's house because she needed them. He said he was supposed to do it earlier but he ran out of time. I seriously was so clueless and didn't even think anything of it. He seemed so calm and didn't act like he was up to anything. We get to his aunt's house and go into the backyard where I find a band set up. Drums, guitar, piano, everything. I was so confused. There was a bench in the middle of the grass, and Thomas told me to go sit on it. Thomas played the piano and sang while Stephen, Brian, Ryan, and Justin played the other instruments. It was a song that Thomas had written about me. The words to the song were sitting on the bench so I could read along while he sang. I couldn't stop smiling the whole time. I knew the proposal was coming after this :) After the song, everyone else left while Thomas walked down towards me (crying by the way... so so so sweet), saying cute things, and got on one knee and asked me to be his wife. I just remember smiling so big and giving him a huge hug and kiss and forgetting to even say yes haha. It was so funny. We went to each of our houses after that to see our parents, and of course put it on facebook haha.

Ok now on to yesterday... Thomas is so sweet. He got me a pregnancy belly band (he knew I would want something that had to do with the baby/being pregnant haha), baby lips lip balm (there he went again with the baby thing :) haha I love him), headbands to wear when I wash my face (I needed new ones bad), a loofah (yay and this one is a nicer one, not the cheapy 50 cent ones I usually get haha), and earrings! I LOVE the earrings. They are so pretty. He did so good picking stuff out! He kept asking what I wanted, but I told him I wanted it to be a surprised, because I had picked out all of my Christmas presents haha. He did a good job buying me things that I needed/will actually use. For dinner we went to the Cheesecake Factory. We love that place. So yummy. We went at like 4:30 so that it wouldn't be too crowded. We were seated right away, but it was kind of annoying because we didn't have a booth, so we were literally right next to another couple, but it's ok because their food is so good that it was nbd haha. We got a chicken caesar salad to share, and I got fettucini alfredo for my meal. It was so yummy. After we ate, we went home and changed (because we decided to dress up for dinner to make it more special) into comfortable clothes and we went to Freestone Park to feed the ducks! It was so much fun! Haha the ducks were going crazy. I love how it was just a simple thing, but Thomas and I always have so much fun together! We came home and... yeah! That's all I will write about :) I love Thomas so much and am very grateful for all he does for me.

No comments:

Post a Comment